The plan will:
- Identify the long-term transportation needs and goals for our region’s surface transportation system;
- Establish strategies to address the safety, congestion, multi-modal connectivity, and maintenance issues resulting from forecast increased population and employment growth in the region; and
- Identify the transportation projects, programs and services for implementation through 2050.
ACCESS 2050 will also build upon and advance the following plans: 1) the existing ACCESS 2040 plan adopted in 2017, and 2) the recently completed On Board Mobility Plan developed through a robust outreach process, collaboration with partner agencies and community stakeholders, and extensive public input.
The RTP offers the opportunity to inspire, innovate and implement an integrated, efficient regional transportation system in our community. The transportation system of Southern Nevada will enhance and balance our defining regional characteristics:
- Strong and vibrant economy;
- Diverse and welcoming quality of life; and
- Valuable natural and infrastructure resources.
The ACCESS 2050 vision came from a large number of sources, including the On Board Transportation Vision Survey, priorities expressed by the RTC’s Boards and Committees, federal and state planning requirements, current regional practices, and best practices from professional transportation planning.