With the weather cooling down, the Entertainment Capital of the World is heating up!
This weekend, two major events will take place, bringing some anticipated traffic on our roadways:
- iHeart Radio Music Festival at T-Mobile Arena (Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24)
- Bad Bunny concert at Allegiant Stadium (Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24)
The Southern Nevada Traffic Management Center anticipates over 100,000 concertgoers this weekend, so drivers using the I-15 are encouraged to plan their commutes by checking ahead of time for traffic and leaving earlier for their destinations.
Drivers should also note that construction work on Las Vegas Boulevard, Frank Sinatra Drive, Decatur Boulevard and along the I-15/Tropicana area will be ongoing during this time.
The I-15/Tropicana closures (24 hours/7 days a week) include:
- I-15 northbound (frontage), I-215 near Russell Road, reduced to one lane through Nov. 2
- I-15 southbound outside right lane, Russell Road to I-215, closed through Sept. 28
- I-15 southbound ramp continuing to I-15 southbound over I-215, reduced to one lane through Sept. 21
- I-15 northbound outside right lane, Warm Springs Road to Hacienda Avenue, closed through Sept. 28
- I-215 westbound ramp to I-15 northbound, closed through Nov. 2
Additionally, there will be nightly restrictions on Dean Martin northbound and southbound, including lane closures, reductions, and lane shifts.