Ease your holiday travels with a few tips from the RTC!
This Thanksgiving, stay clear of traffic jams and headaches. We encourage everyone to plan ahead as we anticipate heavy traffic and potential delays in and around the city throughout the holiday weekend.
- Avoid traveling during peak hours, which typically occur Saturday, Nov. 25 between 12 a.m. and 5 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 26 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Prepare for air travel!
Flying out for the holidays? Free parking is available at the Centennial Hills Transit Center or the South Strip Transit Terminal.
- Direct access to Harry Reid International Airport’s Ground Level Zero at Terminal 1 is available via the Centennial Express (CX) or Route 109 Maryland Parkway.
Using public transit over the holiday weekend? Please note the following holiday service changes.
- RTC buses will operate on a reduced Sunday schedulefor all fixed-route transit service on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 23, and a
- RTC buses will operate on a reduced Saturday schedule on Friday, Nov. 24.
Individual route schedules are available on RTC’s webpage Transit Schedules & Maps. Plan your trip and purchase transit passes through the agency’s free rideRTC app.
Going holiday shopping and wanting to avoid the hassle of traffic and parking? RTC has the solution for you!
- Take advantage of our multiple complimentary park-and-ride facilities scattered throughout the valley, providing convenient access to transit and carpooling options. Parking spots are on a first-come, first-served basis at all park-and-ride sites.
For those on the Strip, explore the convenience of the Deuce, operating 24 hours a day.
For more information on the RTC and how to travel over the holiday, visit rtcsnv.com/ways-to-travel.