Notice of Public Comment Period for a 2017-2040 Regional Transportation Plan Amendment
The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) is seeking public comment on the 2017 – 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Amendment, number 20-04. This amendment includes the following changes to the RTP that were requested by the project sponsors:
- Add a pavement rehabilitation project on I-15 between CA/NV Stateline and three miles north of the Jean Interchange
- Add a project to purchase 20 electric bikes for the RTC Bike Share Program
- Add a project to reimburse the Nevada Department of Transportation for the City of Las Vegas local roadway improvements associated with Project Neon
- Change funding source from RTC Sales Tax to State Gas Tax for the CC-215 Trail Project between Tenaya Way and Grand Montecito Pkwy.
- Modify description for the 28th Street Safe Route to School improvement project. Change description from the slurry seal and restriping on 28th St. between Bonanza Rd. and Charleston Blvd., to slurry seal and restriping on Sunrise Ave. between 28th St. and 30th St.
- Modify the Michael Way project description to remove construction of curb and gutters
- Modify the I-215 Trail Bridges project description to remove the proposed Green Valley Pkwy. and Valle Verde Drive
bridge crossings and keep Pecos Rd. bridge
This amendment does not impact air quality and is consistent with the RTP. Project details will be available on rtcsnv.com during a 21-day public comment period from May 22, 2020, to June 12, 2020.
Submit comments/questions or request copies of the amendment by 5 p.m. June 12, 2020:
Attn: Karen Castro
Mail to: RTC of Southern Nevada
600 S. Grand Central Parkway
Las Vegas, Nevada 89106
For more information visit: www.rtcsnv.com