Notice of Comment Period for a 2017-2040 Regional Transportation Plan Amendment
The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) is seeking public comment on the 2017 – 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Amendment, number 21-00. The amendment updates the 2019-2022 High Priority Investment Program by adding two federal fiscal years and aligning it with the 2021-2024 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). This is an end of the fiscal year amendment developed in coordination with the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) to implement a new work program for the maintenance and construction of projects in Southern Nevada.
The following are highlights of this amendment:
• Moved existing projects to the new STIP if they were not initiated in 2020
• Removed completed projects from the STIP
• Included project funding adjustments requested by local agencies
• Added maintenance projects on I-15 in Logandale, east of North Mesa, and on Craig Rd.
• Added safety improvements on Jones Blvd., Cheyenne Ave., and south of Sahara Ave.
• Removed a SR-163 roundabout project in Laughlin
• Added a Henderson bowl environmental engineering project
• Added a Project Neon bond repayment project
• Removed a Rainbow Blvd. project
• Modified a St. Rose Pkwy. bus turnout project
• Modified a Cheyenne Ave. project
Amendment 21-00 does not impact air quality and is consistent with the RTP. Project details included in Amendment 21-00 will be available on rtcsnv.com during a 21-day public comment period from Friday, July 31, 2020 to Friday, August 21, 2020.
Submit comments/questions, or request copies of the amendment by 5 p.m. August 21, 2020:
Attn: Karen Castro
Mail to: RTC of Southern Nevada
600 S. Grand Central Pkwy. Ste. 350, Las Vegas, NV 89106
For more information visit: www.rtcsnv.com