If you’re looking for a safe, convenient, and FREE way to get to and from your New Year’s celebration destination, we have you covered. We are continuing our long-standing tradition of offering FREE rides on all transit routes from 6 p.m. on New Year’s Eve until 9 a.m. on New Year’s Day. In addition, several routes will run on a 24-hour schedule or with extended hours.
In addition to our free rides, our partners, Las Vegas Coalition for Zero Fatalities, will offer $10 off one Lyft ride to the first 1,500 new and existing customers starting 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 31, through 6 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 1. The exclusive offer can be accessed within the Lyft mobile app with code RIDESMART2022.
We are committed to making public transit an accessible option for our community and helping ease congestion on our roadways. As with past years, commuters can once again expect heavy traffic, detours, and delays due to New Year’s Eve celebrations on the Las Vegas Strip.
We encourage commuters to plan their trips ahead of time using the RideRTC app. You can get real-time traffic information, detour updates, and sign up for traffic alerts. As you make your New Year’s Eve plans, be mindful, the Nevada Department of Transportation will be closing the following freeway ramps and streets beginning 5:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 31, until the Strip reopens to vehicular traffic.
- I-15 north ramp to Tropicana , south of Russell Road
- I-15 north collector distributor road to Tropicana and Frank Sinatra Drive
- I-15 south ramp to westbound and eastbound Tropicana
- I-15 north ramp to eastbound and westbound Flamingo Road
- I-15 south ramp to eastbound and westbound Flamingo Road
- Tropicana east at Dean Martin Drive
- Flamingo Road east at Valley View
- Hotel Rio Drive west at Dean Martin Drive
If you are heading to the Strip to ring in the New Year, a reminder from Metro Police, strollers, backpacks, glass bottles, and bags larger than a standard grocery bag are not allowed.
For a breakdown of all NYE transit services, visit: https://www.rtcsnv.com/newyears.