Hey, need a ride this New Year’s Eve? We’ve got you covered. We want to do our part in the community to provide a safe and convenient transportation option this upcoming holiday season. We are offering free rides on all our fixed-routes from 6 p.m. on New Year’s Eve until 9 a.m. on New Year’s Day, and several additional routes will run on a 24-hour schedule or with extended hours.
It’s important for our riders to know we remain committed to their safety and continue implementing measures to slow the spread of COVID-19. Among the efforts included in our 14-point plan are:
- Incorporating a larger, high-capacity 60-foot or double-decker buses on our routes to provide more space for social distancing
- Reducing close-proximity seating on buses
- Adding extra buses into circulation when buses begin to get crowded
- Using and installing extensions on our operator safety doors
- Cleaning all surfaces inside the vehicles daily with hospital-grade disinfectant
- Following state mask mandate
As always, we encourage our riders to know before they go by planning for traffic detours, delays, and getting the latest updates on their trips via the rideRTC transit app, which provides real-time information about bus locations. For complete detour and route details, visit www.rtcsnv.com.
If you’re heading to the Strip, Metro Police reminds the community that strollers, backpacks, glass bottles, and bags larger than a standard grocery bag are not allowed on the Las Vegas Strip.
For a breakdown on all NYE transit services, visit rtcsnv.com/newyears.