October is National Pizza Month. So gather up your pizza loving friends and hop on Trip to Strip, the resort district’s newest rideshare service from the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) for an unforgettable pizza-palooza. In honor of one of America’s favorite dishes, here are eight options to dig into an eight-slice savory treat:
- Secret Pizza at Cosmopolitan is tucked away on the third floor down an unmarked hallway lined with vinyl album covers. No frills simple New York-style pizza by the slice or pie – perfect for a late night pizza craving. It’s so secret, this casual pizza joint isn’t even listed on the website!
- Brooklyn’s world famous Grimaldi’s Pizzeria at Palazzo serves up award-winning, hand-tossed, coal-fired brick oven pizzas in an upscale casual atmosphere. Can’t go wrong – Grimaldi’s has been perfecting its pizzas for over 100 years.
- Spago at Bellagio is still the place to see and be seen. While there, take in the splendor of the Bellagio Fountain and feast on Wolfgang Puck’s signature Smoked Salmon Pizza paired with wine or a handcrafted cocktail.
- At Five50 Pizza Bar at Aria, James Beard Award-winning Chef Shawn McClain puts his spin on classic East Coast-style pizza. Step out of your comfort zone and try The Truffle with truffle salami, bechamel, parmesan, thyme and shaved truffles.
- From the chef who’s won 11 world pizza championships, Pizza Rock in downtown Las Vegas is part pizza parlor – part nightclub. The gourmet pizza comes in a variety of Italian and American styles. Come for the pizza – but stay for the late-night happy hour.
- An Evel Knievel fan? Evel Pie on Fremont Street is a must for classic New York-style pizza where the slices are ready to go and pies are custom made with special in-house toppings like… rattlesnake sausage? Why not?
- A long-time favorite among locals in Las Vegas, Metro Pizza honors the great traditions of America’s landmark pizzerias at a location just east of Bally’s and at McCarran International Airport (D Gates).
- Pop in to Pop Up Pizza at the Plaza downtown for a taste-bud-bursting combo of fresh ingredients and imaginative recipes, including a vegan pizza and Detroit style pies. Club Ride members receive 10% off any food item.
Trip to Strip is available 24/7 and lets you ride in style with a limousine-like interior. You never pay surge pricing, and new users can get 15 percent off their first ride with the promo code, “FIRSTRIDE.” Get the free app in the Apple and Google Play stores.