Guest written by NV Energy
Through the Economic Recovery Transportation Electrification Plan (ERTEP), NV Energy will invest nearly $100 million to rapidly expand electric vehicle (EV) charging station access across Nevada from 2022 through 2024. ERTEP will help drive economic recovery and accelerate transportation electrification in Nevada by:
- Strategically expanding charging station availability – prioritizing placement in historically underserved communities
- Increasing access to clean energy job opportunities
- Supporting EV driver tourism
ERTEP will result in the installation of 1,000+ EV chargers at urban areas, tourist destinations, community centers, highway stops & more. Chargers will support the electrification of personal & rideshare cars, fleet vehicles, transit buses, bikes & even boats! Over 40% of investment will be designed to directly benefit historically underserved communities.
The plan will also promote expanded job training to ensure Nevada’s electrical workforce benefits from this growing market.
While NV Energy works to set up new programs, they want to hear from you!
- Charging Location Input Map: NV Energy is welcoming input on where stakeholders think electric vehicle charging stations should be located within Nevada: nvenergy.com/ertep
- EV & Clean Energy Program Feedback Survey: NV Energy invites feedback and opinions on EVs, charging, and all NV Energy clean energy programs through this survey.
- Events and Workshops: Additional opportunities to provide input include webinars, stakeholder workshops, and community events like EV ride and drives. Visit NV Energy’s webpage to see scheduled event times: nvenergy.com/ertep.
Click here to learn about the following additional EV programs:
- Lower Income EV Rebate
- EV Comparison Tool
- Electric Vehicle Rates and Residential Charger Incentive
- Find an EV Dealer
Reach out to [email protected] with questions.