RTC Bike Center Release Waiver
This Release and Waiver of Liability (this “Release”) is executed by the undersigned (“I” or “me”) in favor of Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (“RTC”), its affiliates and partner organizations, and its respective directors, officers, volunteers, staff members, employees, contractors, and other agents (collectively, the “RTC Releasees”).
The participant identified below (the “Participant”) desires to participate in RTC’s “Bicycle Education Clinics” Program which allows participants to learn bicycle related skills (the “Program”). The Program will take place on the property located at The Bonneville Commuter Bike Center (the “Property”). I understand that the Program will involve hands on training while working on bicycles (collectively, the “Activities”).
In consideration for allowing the Participant to enter the Property and participate in the Program, I acknowledge and agree as follows:
- I fully understand that the Activities involve a certain level of risk, and could result in various harms to the Participant and/or the Participant’s family, including, without limitation personal injury, illness, or death, monetary loss, or destruction of property or possessions, whether as a result of Participant’s own actions or omissions, inherent dangers, or the actions or omissions of any of the Releasees or other participants in the Program (collectively, the “Risks”).
- I, on my own behalf and (if the Participant is a minor child) on behalf of the Participant, hereby accept and assume all Risks of entering the Property and participating in the Program.
- I am not now and shall not, on my own behalf or (if the Participant is a minor child) on behalf of the Participant, bring, and hereby release, waive, and discharge the Releasees from, any claims, demands, causes of action, suits, or actions of any kind or nature, in law or at equity, in United States federal or state courts or in the courts of a foreign jurisdiction (collectively, “Claims”) for any losses, damages, debts, expenses, costs, charges, fees (including attorney fees and costs), taxes, interest, penalties, or other obligations of any kind or nature (“Damages”) against any of the Releasees related to, arising out of, or resulting from the Participant’s participation in the Program, entrance onto the Property, and any and all of the Risks assumed in connection therewith, whether asserted or unasserted, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected (collectively, the “Released Claims”).
- I hereby further agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the RTC Releasees from and against any and all Damages incurred by such RTC Releasees as a result of or in any way or manner related to any of the Released Claims, except to the extent such Damages arise as a result of the gross negligence or intention misconduct of such Releasee.
- The indemnification and release provided herein is given on my own behalf, on behalf of the Participant (if a minor child), and on behalf of my and the Participant’s respective heirs, beneficiaries, devisees, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors, and assigns, and shall be binding upon all of the forgoing individuals.
- I agree that if any part of this Release is found to be unenforceable or invalid for any reason, the remaining provisions will remain in force and effect.
- Any dispute concerning this Release, the Releasees, or any aspect of the Participant’s participation in the Program or Activities shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada and brought in the state or federal courts of Nevada in the county of Clark.
I have carefully read the terms of this Release. I understand that to the extent I do not understand the meaning, intent, or result of any term or provision of this release, I may consult my own attorney before signing this release. I AM SOUND MIND AND AM SIGNING THIS RELEASE VOLUNTARILY, WITH FULL LEGAL CAPACITY TO DO SO. IF I AM SIGNING BELOW ON BEHALF OF A MINOR, I CERTIFY THAT I AM THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF THE PARTICIPANT AND AM AUTHORIZED TO CONTRACT ON BEHALF OF SUCH PARTICIPANT.