Club Ride Commuter Services works with more than 300 employers in Southern Nevada to customize commuter assistance programs. To sign your office up, call 702-228-RIDE (7433) or email ClubRide@rtcsnv.com.
Club Ride provides free, one-on-one assistance to create a commuter program for your employees. As a partner, you’ll receive the following:
- A designated outreach coordinator to assess the program and guarantee its success
- Assistance with implementing the program through onsite events, marketing materials, and promotional incentives
- Access to our ridematching service where we help your employees find carpool and vanpool partners
- Access to Guaranteed Ride Home, a free service where we help employees who use our commuting program get home in the case of an emergency
- Tax benefits – by subsidizing employees’ transit costs or letting employees pay with pre-tax dollars, you’ll reduce tax burdens and boost your bottom line
- Transit pass bulk discounts of up to 15% – pass on the savings to Club Ride participants as a great employee benefit
Offering your employees commuting options doesn’t just impact them, but also your business and the community.
Benefits to the employer:
- Enhanced corporate image
- Increased employee morale
- Employees arriving on time to work
- Favorable tax advantages (see below)
- Reduced absenteeism
- Little or no out-of-pocket costs
- Participation can be used toward qualification for Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) certification
- Club Ride pays first year membership fees for Best Workplaces for Commuters (for qualifying partners)
Benefits to the employee:
- Significant savings on commuting costs
- Reduced commuting-related stress
- Monthly prize drawings
- Guaranteed Rides Home
- More time with friends and family
- Preferential carpool and vanpool parking at participating work sites
Benefits to the community:
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Cleaner air
- Reduced energy and gas consumption
IRS Qualified commuter transportation benefit: For 2018, the monthly exclusion for commuter highway vehicle transportation (vanpool or similar) and transit passes is $260.
This exclusion applies to the following benefits:
- A transit pass
- Example: EZ RiderTransitPass Program through Club Ride
- Learn more about the EZ Rider Transit Pass Program
- A ride in a commuter highway vehicle between the employee’s home and work place
- Example: Vanpool – any vehicle that seats at least 6 adults (not including the driver). In addition, you must reasonably expect that at least 80% of the vehicle mileage will be for transporting employees between their homes and work place with employees occupying at least one-half the vehicle’s seats (not including the driver’s).
Learn more about how it works at: Tax Benefits
Employer Partners: Offering EZ Rider bus passes and pre-tax payroll deductions for transit passes, vanpool fees or bicycle commuting expenses qualify as “Gold” level partner programs for Club Ride.
EZ Rider Transit Pass Program
Employers who are a Club Ride partner may purchase discounted EZ Rider transit passes for employees in bulk at a discounted rate.
- Purchase up to 200 passes – 5% discount
- Purchase 201-500 passes – 10% discount
- Purchase more than 500 passes – 15% discount
To qualify, employers must sign a contract agreeing to purchase a specified number of passes over the course of the year.
Offering up-front or covered parking spaces to employees who carpool or vanpool is a great, no-cost incentive for employees to participate in the program. Club Ride provides reserved parking signs and preferential parking rearview mirror hangtags.