Reduced Fare Photo ID Card Program
New Reduced Fare ID Cards
The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) has upgraded all ticket vending machines and vehicle fare box units. In order to purchase reduced fare from this equipment and the new rideRTC transit app, you must obtain a new Reduced Fare, Mobility Trained or Veterans identification card (ID) from the RTC in person. Current ID cards will remain valid through Dec. 31, 2017 and can be used when purchasing reduced fare at vendors or in person at the Bonneville Transit Center (BTC).
In order to receive a new ID card, please visit us at one of the locations below:
- Bonneville Transit Center, at 101 E. Bonneville Ave., seven days a week from 7:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- RTC’s administrative office building at 600 S. Grand Central Parkway, Suite #350, Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 18, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood Blvd., Las Vegas, Nev., 89142
- Wednesday, April 19, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Culinary Academy of Las Vegas, 710 W. Lake Mead Blvd., North Las Vegas, Nev., 89030
- Thursday, April 20, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Desert Pines Golf Course, 3415 E. Bonanza Road, Las Vegas, Nev., 89101
- Saturday, April 29, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Winchester Community Center, 3130 McLeod Drive, Las Vegas, Nev., 89121
As a reminder, you must present a Reduced Fare Photo ID card to purchase and /or use a reduced fare pass. New eligible riders may apply for this at the Bonneville Transit Center with the below forms of identification listed below to prove eligibility.
Medicare Card Holders: Medicare card and a valid drivers license or non-drivers photo ID card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles;
Seniors (60+): Medicare card and/or a valid drivers license or non-driver photo ID card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles;
Youths (6-17 years): Birth certificate, valid drivers license or non-driver photo ID card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. Students may present a current student ID card at the time of boarding;
Disabled: Medicare card or a signed letter (original document only) from a physician stating the individual is disabled and the time period of the disability accompanied by a valid drivers license or non-driver photo ID card issued the by the Department of Motor Vehicles;
A valid reduced-fare eligibility card from another transit system.
Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) are permitted to ride free of charge providing the customer has either a fixed-route reduced fare card or a Paratransit ID Card from RTC or another transit agency certifying that the customer requires a PCA to ride.