Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
With funding support from the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD), the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) has initiated an update to the 2008 Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan. The 18-month long process kicked off in October 2015 and will run through spring 2017. The project team is working with four advisory groups consisting of local jurisdictions, other key stakeholders, and active users of the bicycle and pedestrian system. The Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan will identify and prioritize bicycle and pedestrian facilities for the regional transportation system. The updated plan will also support the inclusion of elements that meet the RTC Complete Streets Initiative. The final plan will be included as a component of the next update to the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) and projects will be eligible for federal funding programs. The plan will also implement a major theme of the Southern Nevada Strong (SNS) Regional Plan to increase transportation choices for residents and visitors.
If you would like to receive updates about this plan and the future opportunities to provide input, you can join our e-mail notification list.
Draft Plan Presentation to Stakeholder Advisory Groups (December, 2016)
- CLICK HERE to download the December update presentation (19MB) to Stakeholder Advisory Groups.
- The project team will incorporate changes based on stakeholder and local jurisdiction feedback before releasing a draft plan document in spring 2017.
Comment on the Draft Plan (October/November, 2016)
- The comment period is now closed. The project team received feedback on the draft plan map, programs and policies, design guidelines
- Online Mapping Activity. CLICK HERE to view comments provided on the online mapping activity.
- Programs, Policies, Design Guidelines, Metrics. CLICK HERE to check out view draft programs and policies, design guidelines and metrics.
Draft Chapters 1-4 (May, 2016)
- Draft Chapter 1: Introduction (1MB)
- Draft Chapter 2: Existing Conditions (32 MB)
- Draft Chapter 3: Public Participation (3 MB)
- Draft Chapter 4: Goals, Objectives and Policies (1MB)
- RTC Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan (2008)
- SNHD-RTC Interlocal Contract (2015)
- SNHD-RTC Interlocal Contract Amendment
- Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan Scope of Services
- Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan Schedule
- Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan Overview Flyer
- Stakeholder Participation Plan
Other Bicycle and Pedestrian Documents
- Regional Bicycle Network Gap Analysis (2014)
- Complete Streets Design Guidelines for Livable Communities (2013)
- Southern Nevada Transportation Safety Plan (2015)
- Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts Study (2015)
- City of Henderson: Henderson Strong Comprehensive Plan Update
- City of Henderson Open Space and Trails Plan
- City of Las Vegas Mobility Master Plan
- City of Mesquite Bikeways Development Plan
- City of North Las Vegas Comprehensive Trails and Master Bikeways Plan
- Spencer Greenway Trail and UNLV Campus Bike Plan (underway)
- Henderson Master Bicycle and Trails Plan
Other Bicycle and Pedestrian Resources
- RTC Bike Map
- Neon to Nature Online Trail Finder
- NDOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning
- Clark County Trails Program
- CCSD Safe Routes to Schools
- Henderson Bicycle Advisory Committee (Advisory Group)
- OLVF Regional Open Space and Trails Workgroup (Advisory Group)
- Southern Nevada Bicycle Coalition (Advisory Group)
- Southern Nevada Pedestrian Safety Education and Legislation Task Force (Advisory Group)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 702-676-1749
- Fax: 702-676-1598
- Mail: RTC, 600 S. Grand Central Parkway, Suite 350, Las Vegas, NV 89106, Attention: Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan