Club Ride Commuter Services works with more than 250+ employers in Southern Nevada to customize commuter assistance programs. To sign your office up, call 702-228-RIDE (7433) or email ClubRide@rtcsnv.com.
Club Ride provides free, one-on-one assistance to create a commuter program for your employees. As a partner, you’ll receive the following:
- A designated outreach coordinator to assess the program and guarantee its success
- Assistance with implementing the program through onsite events, marketing materials, and promotional incentives
- Access to our ridematching service where we help your employees find carpool and vanpool partners
- Access to Guaranteed Ride Home, a free service where we help employees who use our commuting program get home in the case of an emergency
- Tax benefits – by subsidizing employees’ transit costs or letting employees pay with pre-tax dollars, you’ll reduce tax burdens and boost your bottom line
- Transit pass bulk discounts of up to 15% – pass on the savings to Club Ride participants as a great employee benefit
Offering your employees commuting options doesn’t just impact them, but also your business and the community.
Benefits to the employer:
- Enhanced corporate image
- Increased employee morale
- Employees arriving on time to work
- Favorable tax advantages (see below)
- Reduced absenteeism
- Little or no out-of-pocket costs
- Participation can be used toward qualification for Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) certification
- Club Ride pays first year membership fees for Best Workplaces for Commuters (for qualifying partners)
Benefits to the employee:
- Significant savings on commuting costs
- Reduced commuting-related stress
- Monthly prize drawings
- Guaranteed Rides Home
- More time with friends and family
- Preferential carpool and vanpool parking at participating work sites
Benefits to the community:
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Cleaner air
- Reduced energy and gas consumption
IRS Qualified commuter transportation benefit: For 2014, the monthly exclusion for commuter highway vehicle transportation (vanpool or similar) and transit passes is $130.
This exclusion applies to the following benefits:
- A transit pass
- Example: EZ RiderTransitPass Program through Club Ride
- A ride in a commuter highway vehicle between the employee’s home and work place
- Example: Vanpool – any vehicle that seats at least 6 adults (not including the driver). In addition, you must reasonably expect that at least 80% of the vehicle mileage will be for transporting employees between their homes and work place with employees occupying at least one-half the vehicle’s seats (not including the driver’s).
IRS Qualified bicycle commuting reimbursement: For 2014, the monthly exclusion for qualified bicycle commuting expenses is $20. For any calendar year, the exclusion for qualified bicycle commuting reimbursement includes any employer reimbursement during the 15-month period beginning with the first day of the calendar year for reasonable expenses incurred by the employee during the calendar year.
Reasonable expenses include:
- The purchase of a bicycle
- Bicycle improvements, repair, and storage
These are considered reasonable expenses as long as the bicycle is regularly used for travel between the employee’s residence and place of employment.
Learn more about how it works at: 2014 Tax Benefits
Employer Partners: Offering EZ Rider bus passes and pre-tax payroll deductions for transit passes, vanpool fees or bicycle commuting expenses qualify as “Gold” level partner programs for Club Ride.
EZ Rider Transit Pass Program
Employers who are a Club Ride partner may purchase discounted EZ Rider transit passes for employees in bulk at a discounted rate. If you purchase up to 200 passes, there’s a 5 percent discount, 201 to 500 passes, there’s a 10 percent discount, and more than 500 passes, there’s a 15 percent discount. To qualify, employers must sign a contract agreeing to purchase a specified number of passes over the course of the year.
Offering up-front or covered parking spaces to employees who carpool or vanpool is a great, no-cost incentive for employees to participate in the program. Club Ride provides reserved parking signs and preferential parking rearview mirror hangtags.