Club Ride Commuter Services works with more than 240 employers in Southern Nevada to customize commuter assistance programs. To sign your office up, call 228-RIDE (7433).
Club Ride provides free, one-on-one assistance to come up with a commuter program for your employees. As a partner, you’ll receive the following:
- A designated outreach coordinator to assess the program and guarantee its success
- Assistance with implementing the program through onsite events, marketing materials, and promotional incentives
- Access to our ridematching service where we help your employees find carpool and vanpool partners
- Access to Guaranteed Ride Home, a free service where we help employees who use our commuting program get home in the case of an emergency
- Tax benefits. By subsidizing employees’ transit costs or letting employees pay with pre-tax dollars, you’ll reduce tax burdens and boost your bottom line
- Transit pass discounts. Club Ride participants can buy transit passes in bulk at up to 15 percent off
Offering your employees commuting options doesn’t just impact them, but also your business and the community. Check out our video to see how.
Benefits to the employer:
- Enhanced corporate image
- Increased employee morale
- Employees arriving on time to work
- Favorable tax advantages (see below)
- Reduced absenteeism
- Little or no out-of-pocket costs
- Participation can be used toward qualification for Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design (LEED) certification
Benefits to the employee:
- Significant savings on commuting costs
- Reduced commuting-related stress
- Monthly prize drawings
- Guaranteed Rides Home
- More time with friends and family
- Preferential carpool and vanpool parking at participating work sites
Benefits to the community:
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Cleaner air
- Reduced energy and gas consumption
Employers that help their employees pay for transit and vanpool expenses may be eligible for federal tax benefits. The Commuter Choice program permits employers to subsidize commuting expenses up to $245, as well as allows employees a $245 pre-tax benefit for transit or vanpool fares. This will save you money on payroll taxes and your employees money on income taxes.
EZ Rider Transit Pass Program
Employers who are a Club Ride partner may purchase discounted EZ Rider transit passes for employees in bulk at a discounted rate. If you purchase up to 200 passes, there’s a 5 percent discount, 201 to 500 passes, there’s a 10 percent discount, and more than 500 passes, there’s a 15 percent discount. To qualify, employers must sign a contract agreeing to purchase a specified number of passes over the course of the year.
Offering up-front or covered parking spaces to employees who carpool or vanpool is a great, no-cost incentive for employees to participate in the program. Club Ride provides reserved parking signs and preferential parking rearview mirror hangtags.